Mountains of the moon Hotel
Location & overview
Mountains of the Moon Hotel is a distinguished safari accommodation sitting on 15 acres of landscaped gardens and trimmed terraces with scenic views of the eminent Rwenzori Mountains – mountains of the moon. The hotel is stationed within close proximity with Kibale National Park and Fortportal town. The hotel is a state of the art accommodation facility consisting of 33 guest rooms; 9 standard rooms, 11 deluxe rooms, 12 superior rooms and 1 mountain suite. The facility has a wellness centre, 3 conference rooms, swimming pool, restaurant, bar, and business centre.
Mountains of the Moon Hotel is a midrange – luxury safari accommodation facility.
Mountains of the Moon Hotel is a complex of 33 fully furnished rooms. All the rooms have an impressive décor comprised of sleek hand curved natural wood furniture. The rooms are defined in four categories;
- 9 standard roomsThese rooms have minimalist beds of sleek pale wood, stone-tiled floors, wall-to-Wall cupboards, extensive mirrors, snow-white linen, state of the art lights and ensuite bathroom facilities. The rooms have internet access, DSTV television access and balconies looking out to the hotel gardens.
- 11 deluxe roomsThese rooms are fully furnished and complimented with large size king beds, classic ensuite bathroom facilities with sanitary ware, DSTV television access, direct dial telephone, internet access and a spacious balcony looking out to the well maintained gardens.
- 12 superior roomsThese are extra-elegant and spacious with luxury furnishing, king size beds, ensuite bathrooms fitted with extra-long bathtubs, a good internet access, DSTV television access, direct dial phone and private balconies looking out to the beautiful terraces and well maintained gardens.
- 1 mountain suite This distinguished suite has all the facilities the standard and deluxe rooms offer and more. It is extra spacious with a large living room and fireplace. It is luxuriously furnished with ensuite bathroom facilities and a private balcony. This suite works well for an entire family on safari.
Restaurant and bar
Mountains of the Moon Hotel has a state of the art restaurant which offers local, continental and exotic dishes prepared by professional and experienced chefs. Breakfast buffet, lunch, dinner, health club, snack and room service menus make the hotel’s restaurant a distinct entity.The hotel has 3 well stocked bars where one can hang out with friends and sip at an award-winning bear or premier wine brand. The bars have all sorts of beverages including alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks.
The hotel’s wellness centre comprises of a gym, spa and sauna plus a swimming pool. While at the hotel there is no need to worry on how to keep up with physical fitness. You can always workout, have a massage, a facial or even go swimming for fun and exercise at the well maintained swimming pool.
The hotel has a business centre to allow guests keep with their work and business assignments. One is able to access a computer and fast internet to have their tasks done. In addition to the business centre, the hotel has conference and meeting room facilities to support all kinds of official and business engagements.
Mountains of the Moon Hotel has a reliable supply of electricity in all its facilities. All rooms have light and sockets for charging electronic devices and gadgets.
The hotel has running water in all its facilities including a supply of both hot and cold water in the ensuite bathrooms. Guests can have a hot water bath whenever they want and can always clean up without fear of a water shortage.
- English and Swahili speaking staff• Room service• Free Wi-Fi internet access• Swimming pool • Laundry and house keeping services• Ample parking space• 24/7 security
• Chimpanzee trekking and habituation experience in Kibale National park• Mountain biking • Hot Springs visits in Semliki National Park• Nature walks in Bigodi wetland sanctuary • Birdwatching excursions• Game drives in Kibale and Semliki National Parks